Ball jointed dolls (BJD) have become increasingly popular among doll enthusiasts in recent years. These dolls are highly customizable, with interchangeable parts and accessories that allow you to create a unique and personalized doll.
However, owning a BJD also comes with the responsibility of maintaining and caring for it properly.
In this blog post, we will discuss the basics of BJD maintenance and share some tips on how to clean and care for your dolls.
Basic BJD Maintenance
Before we get into the specifics of cleaning and care, it's essential to understand some basic BJD maintenance.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Handle your doll with care. BJDs are delicate and can be easily damaged if handled roughly.
- Store your doll properly. Keep your doll away from direct sunlight, extreme temperatures, and humid environments to prevent damage.
- Regularly inspect your doll for damage. Check for loose strings, cracks, or chips, and repair them immediately to prevent further damage.
- Clean your doll regularly. Dust and debris can accumulate on your doll's surface and cause discoloration and staining if left uncleaned. We may not see the changes right away but once we do not do the cleaning of the doll regularly, it will surely lead to discoloration and staining.
Cleaning Your BJD
To keep your BJD looking its best, it's essential to clean it regularly including the BJD accessories. Here are some tips on how to clean your ball jointed doll:
- Use a soft-bristled brush or cloth to remove dust and debris from your doll's surface gently.
- Use a mild soap or detergent and warm water to clean your doll's body and parts. Be sure to rinse thoroughly and avoid getting water on any internal mechanisms.
- For stubborn stains, use a magic eraser or a gentle cleaning solution designed specifically for BJDs.
Caring for Your BJD
Proper care is also essential to keep your BJD looking its best. Here are some tips on how to care for your ball jointed doll:
- Avoid exposing your doll to direct sunlight or extreme temperatures.
- Store your doll in a dry, dust-free environment, such as a display case or storage Box.
- Protect your doll's joints and parts with a layer of talcum powder or baby powder to prevent friction and damage.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or cleaning solutions that may damage your doll's surface or cause discoloration. It is very important to be extra careful in this part to ensure dolls are not damaged.
In conclusion, maintaining and caring for your BJD is essential to ensure its longevity and keep it looking its best. It is very important to apply the list of things mentioned. With these tips, you can keep your doll in top condition for years to come and can be used by the next generation as well. If you're looking for high-quality BJDs and accessories, be sure to check out the best BJD doll online shop, Dolk BJD, for a wide selection of products that will help you create the perfect doll.